2017 is one of the more interesting years that I’ve seen in recent memory. Not only did we have a fantastic interview with Migos, but we also got comedy gold in Melissa McCarthy’s Sean Spicer (or Spicey) character on Saturday Night Live. Oh, you don’t know who Sean Spicer is? He’s the soon-to-be former White House Press Secretary ,which means he supposed to serve as the voice box for Ol’ boy in the White House. It’s been an interesting few months for him to say the least. From his blatant lie about Trump’s inauguration numbers to his comments regarding Hitler never using chemical weapons.
Take a look at some of his greatest hits:
This quick tweet sums up how many of us felt when Spicey spoke. Needless to say, it’s been a headline year for Spicey as he prepares to spend his final days in the White House and get out of the White House reality show called, Trump. Spicey might have had a rough year, but here’s a few people, places, and things that have had an awesome year in Trump’s America:
- Angela Rye- If you were to look up the word “dope” in the dictionary, I’m sure that you’ll see this woman’s picture right next to it. Not only does she make wypipo upset that she doesn’t call Trump her President (even though wypipo started that mess with Obama), she’s unapologetically Black, and very supportive of our community. She’s definitely someone I’d like to see do Trap Karaoke one time. Oh, and she has a super dope podcast called On1 with Angela Rye.
- My Therapist- Not only does she get to see me on a frequent basis, she gets to take quite a bit of my money. To the point where I factor her fees into my monthly budget. Health is wealth though right?
- Some of my favorite students that graduated- I’ve had the pleasure of watching them really come into their own throughout the years and overcome some tough obstacles in their lives. I’m going to miss them so much, but they’re on their way to doing great things to change the world.
- Dave Chappelle- 2017. The year our Father blessed us with Dave Chappelle’s presence in the spotlight. Dave came back with a vengeance! He hosted Saturday Night Live and gave a classic sketch around the election that is golden. Oh, did I mention he secured a cool $60 million bag for doing two stand-up specials for Netflix? #blackboyjoy anyone?
- Mikaila Ulmer- What’s #blackgirlmagic? It’s having a 12 year old girl secure $810M from NFL players to sell her lemonade (with a recipe from her great grandmother) to help fighting colony collapse disorder. Coming soon to a store near you: Me & the Bees Lemonade!
- Blac Chyna- I know, I know. People are going to give me the side-eye for this one, but hear me out for a second. She was a stripper at one point in life and got in cool with the celebrity crowd. Had a kid by some whack ass rapper and moved on into one of the largest family empires in U.S. history. Not only did she have a baby with Rob “his mental health is a concern” Kardashian, she showing the world how foolish he is. The best part about it all? None of the Kardashians/Jenners have come out to dispute anything. She’s playing their game and I love it!
- Me- I’ve had my share of ups and downs this year, but I have a lot to be thankful and grateful for this year. I mean, in 19 days I’m getting married. You can check out the other stuff here.
- Jay Z- He dropped his 13th album and put some grown man wisdom on it. As a Jay fan, I was happy about this album in particular because its been awhile since he dropped something of substance (Magna Carta Holy Grail was trash). Top 5 album.
- Asah Khaled- Listen, my child has to do something of substance in the womb. This kid is really out here living his best life and is only 1 year old. Executive produced an album? Landed on the cover? Father that loves him unconditionally? He’s winning out here.
- Tiffany Haddish- She is really the bomb.com. Tiffany Haddish is the cousin, sibling, or best friend that we all wished we had in our lives. I love her ability to keep it all the way 10000000 and be unapologetically herself. Don’t believe me, look at her interview on Jimmy Kimmel.
We still have five more months in 2017 and I’m sure there will be more people that will have a much better year than Spicey. You know, #blackexcellence never sleeps!